Our efforts are going 100% towards improving the experience on PC and Xbox. With 2.1 we have fixed 100+ bugs/other improvements based on your feedback (See patch notes). Our focus in the near future (after the 2.1 patch) is towards the following:
- Crashes and disconnects: We are still getting reports on crashes and disconnects. If you are experiencing these issues, please grab a member of the Minion Masters team and help us locate the issue. It would be a huge help to us!
- Issues with DLCs and purchases.
- Re-enabling Chat.
- Gameplay logic, VFX, and SFX issues.
- Improvement to friends list and lobby systems.
- Improvements to bots in terms of difficulty and frequency. We aim to make them more fun to play against but also reduce the frequency at which players face bots.
- Adding more UX and Quality of Life improvements. We added a lot of that in 2.1, and more is coming in 2.2. Keep tuning in to the patch notes for more information.
These are some of the most asked questions we’ve seen on Discord.We ='ll address them here:
- Why isn’t there a Roadmap?
- We want to remain agile in the way we approach stabilizing the PC and Xbox experience. As most of our efforts are going towards improving the quality of the core experience, UI etc. we are focusing less on adding new features to the game until the core of the experience is great. If we make a roadmap of features to come, we could risk disappointing a lot of players if we fail to live up to our promises.
- How can we trust that Xbox will not be going down again?
- We had to take Xbox down for an extended time because we failed to live up to some Xbox requirements. We are now fully compliant with all requirements, and we have no reason to believe that something like this will ever happen again.
- Where’s the mobile version?
- Our focus is primarily on optimizing the Xbox and PC experience. Mobile is still very much in the pipeline, though. We can give an update soon, but not quite yet!
- Draft Faction Rules, are we keeping them?
- With 2.0 we introduced new drafting rules, where each Master has access to different factions. We have heard your feedback on this new rule and decided to revert it for patch 2.2. We think the concept of draft restrictions has merit though, so we might experiment more with this in the future.
<3 From Yesterfox and the rest of the Minion Masters team
Patch 2.1: Crystal Wilds
This Season's Pass includes:
- Two new cards: Resonating Construct and Spire Stag and their Avatar icons
- The new Spire Stag Emote
- The Mordar: Mancer of the Dead NEW legendary skin
- The Legendary skin: “Rave Party Girl Milloween”
- 35 power tokens
- 325 shards
- 7000 golds
- 3 Legendary cards
- 4 Supreme cards
- 5 rare cards
- And much more..!
NEW CARDSSpire Stag
BUFFSFlightless Dragon Whelp
Attack Cooldown: 1 > 0.9
Dragon whelps could actually use a buff across the board.
Attack Cooldown: 1 > 0.9
Duration: 3 > 4
Skeleton summoning Range: 6 > 12
Also gains an Arcane Spark when a teammate casts a spell
Trying to address a massive discrepancy between Milloween’s win rate in 1v1 and 2v2.
Damage: 75 > 80
Swarmers gain Rush
Arcane Sparks: 4 > 5
Wolf Among Sheep
Werewolf gains Rage
REWORKSResonating Blast Crystal
- Mana cost: 4 > 3
- Gain Mana freeze (2)
- Remove mana freeze on trigger
- Always drops a crystal
NERFSFergus Flagon Fighter
No longer has Revelry
Damage buff: 25 > 20%
Health buff: 25 > 20%
Now that it’s more easily accessible, it’s become obvious that the double whammy buff is just too strong.
Copies: 3 > 2
Count: 5 > 4
Attack cooldown: 1.5 > 1.7
Also affects them when they have Tantrums.
Damage: 25 > 15
Damage: 70 > 60
- Fixed Grasping Thorns needing to get the killing blow in order to summon skeletons.
- Fixed Frost Bearer’s Frozen Aura disappearing shortly after being played.
- Fixed Chisma Boomstick failing to properly fear himself.
- Fixed card buff icons properly having an outline.
- Fixed pings being mirrored when used by players in the second team.
- Fixed various issues with Mordar’s Tombstone.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving the replay menu.
- Fixed at least some cases of players seeing a mayhem related “AlreadyClaimed” when loading into the main menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing language to Simplified Chinese.
- Fixed middle mouse button being bound as multiple different buttons in some views, causing unrecoverable states where the game was trying to react to multiple different and conflicting mouse inputs simultaneously.
- Implemented a safety that hopefully prevents the arena from being flooded with corpses of dead units that never disappear. We were unable to definitively prove what the issue was/is, but with any luck this safety catches the problem before it happens. We would love to hear from someone who was experiencing the issue frequently if this has actually solved the problem.
- Fixed several issues where claiming rewards would return “Reward Already Claimed”
- Made selecting cards to be played in matches more tolerant of mouse movement, thereby vastly improving the usability for players using the mouse to play cards.
- Disconnected from the server screen will now offer both Quit and Reconnect buttons as options on PC.
- Adjusted the playfield area indicator(blue area outline) to more accurately display the possible play area.
- Made several improvements to the rewards claim system.
- Added “Claim All” functionality to several additional reward claim flows.
- “Claim All” functionality will now show which excess cards were converted to shards during the claim process.
- Refunds will now give better information about what was refunded.
- Fixed Leaderboards and player info screens not showing wildcards.
- Fixed the size of the player widget hitbox on Leaderboards to not overlap cards.
- Improved how loading of player info is handled when opening Leaderboards and Guild member lists.
- Fixed multiple instances of bad feedback when requesting to join guilds.
- Changed how you access the emote wheel in matches. Now holding “Y” will bring it up and releasing “Y” while hovering an emote will send it. Previously you had to hold “Y” then click the mouse button to bring it up and send.
- Made several improvements to the post match player overview screen.
- Fixed several instances of Contender and Grandmaster ranks being displayed incorrectly in the UI.
- Fixed no sound being played to indicate a found match.
- Made several changes to the tutorial and meta tutorial to hopefully make the new player experience better.
- Rearranged when features unlock to stagger the menu features better and be less overwhelming
- Changed the decks played by the tutorial masters to be more interesting.
- Removed several steps from the on-rails meta tutorial.
- Fixed a couple of mistakes or ambiguities in the instructions.
- Fixed several ways the flow could break causing the client to enter an unrecoverable state.
- Made several improvements to the replays menu.
- Added clear Win/Loss label.
- Added game mode label.
- Bots no longer show up as invalid
- More clearly differentiated match time and match duration indicators.
- Fixed Xbox having multiple cursors when both a mouse and a controller were plugged in.
- Fixed the bug reporting interface not showing categories in the dropdown during matches. This should make it so that you can now report issues during matches again.
- Fixed deckbuilding filter system defaulting the glory slider to 1-2 after a scene load.
- Fixed deckbuilding menu crafting shortcut hotkey.
- Added player rank indicators to the pre-match versus screen.
- Cleaned up the debug info string in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Adjusted the size of the spectating buttons to be more appropriately scaled for PC.
- Disabled dragging cards in adventure UI.
- Made premade matchmaking correctly stop when the premade lobby is closed.
- Added a “Delete Account” button to the settings menu. Don’t try to use this new feature unless you are serious about getting your account removed. We will not be able to recover it for you.
- Made several tweaks to the in-match UI to improve UX and polish.
- Straightened the end of health bars to avoid visible tearing on the slanted line of a full health bar.
- Added more visual distinct background to health bars to make it more clear how much relative health has been lost.
- Moved XP indicator to the other side of the perks and scaled it up to make it more visible.
- Made tweaks to the mana bar to make it more immediately readable.
- Scaled up multiple UI elements slightly in Solo mode.
- Re-adjusted the size of text in mouseover tooltips to not have as noticeable a difference between description and stats text sizes.
- Adjusted the match result screen to be less awkwardly spaced in modes where ladder changes information isn’t relevant.
- Fixed camera angles in the player overview section of the match result screen.
- Turned gore back up.
- Fixed guild banners occasionally showing up as white squares
- Made several tweaks to the audio settings to get them closer to the level of punchyness we had in MM1.
- Made several adjustments to camera angles in menus to make camera movement during frequent switching between views less jarring.
- Fixed several instances of longer strings overlapping each other in localised languages.
- Fixed visual queue for not enough mana on cards where the progressive greyscale was inverted.
- Fixed various issues with idle animations on multiple masters.
- Fixed Volco’s attack animation overshooting his target.
- Fixed various issues with items not showing up correctly in the shop.
- Fixed a missing frame in the season reset view.
- Made adjustments to several arenas’ visuals.
- Tweaked the bridge visuals in the Snow Wall arena to make them stand out more.
- Fixed some missing visual effects in the Showdown arena.
- Fixed some missing elements in the Altar of the Almighty Apep arena.
- Changed the colour of the fog effect in the Winter Holiday arena to not have trees in the background become a vivid pink.
- Fixed the vfx on Blood Imps to more properly represent their ability.
OTHERRemoved support for several languages.
- Spanish(Latin America)