It’s the first BetaDwarf update of the decade! In this patch we’re releasing the new Community-voted Mal’Shar Shadowfork, as well as introducing a healthy dose of balance changes. This patch also includes a fix to the annoying Conquest bug that prevented glory contributions from being calculated correctly. With this update your Guild should have the correct amount of total Glory and the tiers you should have earned as a result. We’re deeply sorry for this issue and thank you for all the patience you’ve displayed.
Mal’Shar ShadowforkVoted by our users in the Tri-Team Tourneys, this new 6 mana Shars’Rakk Assassin has honed his stealthy craft to perfection, and he’s more than willing to share his talents with his fellow demons. Every time Mal’Shar kills an enemy, he grants a friendly Voidborne minion the Stealth ability (But doesn’t give them the triple damage bonus).
Mal’Shar is available from Power Tokens or can be crafted for 2000 Shards. There will also be a special Mal’Shar Pack Shop Offer available once the shop offers rotate, so keep an eye out for that!
- Mana Cost 5 > 3
- Gains Mana Freeze (2)
- No longer has mana gain upon stunning a unit
Arcane Bolt was still struggling in performance after the buffs. With the introduction of the new Mana Freeze mechanic we wanted to tweak the card to implement it, as well as significantly improve the usability of the card.
Bats Bats Bats
- Duration 5 > 6
Bats Bats Bats as a standalone card has been somewhat underperforming lately, so we wanted to give it a small buff through opening the window in which you can gain value from it.
- Gains Mana Freeze (1)
Border Patrol’s high value combined with the ease of keeping a steady stream of Crystal Elf minions coming through repeated use of the card often made its pushes feel somewhat insurmountable to answer. By giving it Mana Freeze we hope to slow the deck down significantly without overnerfing the card itself.
Brothers of Light / Caeleth Dawnhammer
- Damage 140 > 150
- Chance to cast both spells 20% > 30%
- Damage 40 > 50
- Empyrean Army: Gains one extra Legionnaire
Legionnaires is a card that’s felt somewhat overshadowed by its competition at the mana cost lately, and we wanted to reinforce the Empyrean Army mechanic while retaining its identity as a bulky group of midrange melee minions.
- Damage 8 > 9
Following the changes to Arcane Golem, Milloween has been struggling somewhat, so we feel a small damage increase should help her for the time being.
- Damage 300 > 325
- Stealth is now treated as a keyword and is seperate from the Triple Damage bonus that Assassin, Shadow Whelp and Mal’Shar have. The descriptions of the existing Stealth cards have been updated to reflect this.
- The Frostival Event has ended, and the decorations have been packed away. Thanks to everyone that participated!
- Various updates to the lighting system.
- Added a ToS agreement for the first time the game is launched.
- Added the ability to purchase Adventure chapters without completing Chapter 1.
- Fixed an issue with Guild Conquest where total contribution was not being calculated correctly. All Guilds should now have the correct amount of Glory that was earned.
- Fixed a bug where Gor’Rakk Brutes could be activated by any spell that cost 3 or more mana - Thanks LordJulius!
- Fixed an instance where stealthed units could become completely invisible to their owners.
- General grammar and phrasing fixes for Adventures.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Buggy’s damage projection causing minions to think a unit was dead a significant amount of time before it would actually be hit.
- Fixed Rage not correctly applying to Wreckinator.
- Fixed Nyrvir becoming untargetable after being hit by Wizard Puff’s death ability.
- Fixed Werewolves being able to inherit Marksmanship despite being Melee.
- Fixed Fergus Flagon Fighter’s attack not being refreshed by Glenn’s Brew - Thanks SoSiskoDemon!
- Fixed stealthed units appearing to be stealthed when Hypnotise expires, even if they aren’t.
- Fixed Skin Descriptions displaying ERROR_.
- Fixed an issue related to Reconnect that would disconnect players from matches in some cases.
- Fixed Win Streak bonuses not starting until the fourth win (instead of the intended third).
Cheers from BetaDwarf!