Update 87 is just around the corner, and we're finally ready to unveil the big news about an update we haven't been talking all too much about: Guilds are coming to Minion Masters!
That's right, Masters! After many delays we're confident that the first iteration of the Guilds feature is ready to go live to fulfill all of your social Minion Masters needs. This is just the first iteration of Guilds and we expect to add more exciting features to it in the future, but here's what you can expect from the release:
- Guilds cost 3000 Gold to make. Joining a Guild is free.
- Guilds can have up to 50 members, and can be set as Open, Request Only, or Private, affecting how users can join appropriately.
- Guilds can have a region defined in their settings.
- You can search for Guilds based on their Name, Region, and Minimum/Maximum amount of members.
- Guilds will have their own custom emblem you can make from preset backgrounds and icons.
- Your Guild's banner (Emblem + Guild Name) will show underneath your user name in any match you play, regardless of mode. Your Guild will also be shown on the Leaderboard.
- Guilds have their own private chat rooms which cannot be accessed by people who aren't members of the Guild.
- Guild members come in three ranks: Leader, Officer, and Member.
- The Leader is the owner of the guild, and can change the Icon, Description, Region, and Application Status, as well as Promote/Demote and Kick other members of the Guild.
- Officers can kick members from the Guild.
- Any Guild Member can create an open invitation for a match with fellow Guild Members by clicking the Guild Lobby button, located next to the chat window. You can select between 2v2 Premades, a 2v2 Lobby, Mayhem, and a 1v1 Challenge.
- There will be a Special Guild Quest available for a month after the release of Update 87. Win 10 games through Guild Team Battle and net yourself a nice 3000 Gold reward!
- You'll notice a tab in the menu saying Guild Pass. Yes, a guild-based progression system is coming! We aren't ready to say too much about it yet, but you should get your best allies together and prepare!
This is, of course, just the beginning for Guilds. We've got more exciting features to bring you and your Minion Masters friends together soon enough!
Shorter Bowstrings, Faster Crossbows
Not only that, but we also have some Balance Changes upcoming in this update. Here's two of them we can reveal early for you:
- Crystal Archers will have their range reduced from 12 to 10, but their Attack Delay sped up from 1.5 to 1.1 seconds (Does not affect their overall Attack Speed)
- Crossbow Dudes will have their Attack Speed increased from 1.5 to 1.4 seconds.
As you can see, the Crossbow Dudes have refined their reloading techniques, while the Archers are going to have to get a bit more upclose to put out their damage, while still outranging most other Ranged units. But if you want to know all of the Balance Changes, there's only one place to be to get them as soon as possible...
And that is our own BetaDwarf Developer Stream! We'll have all the details and previews of Guilds and Balance Changes available for you, led by That Sprite. It's the same time (1800 UTC), the same place (http://twitch.tv/playminionmasters) and the same fantastic audience (You!), so make sure to tune in and interact with the Minion Masters Community. We'll also be showing off some of the Minion Masters Fanart Contest submissions with full credit to their artists to share the inspiration among you all. Speaking of which...
Join the Minion Masters Fanart Contest!
We're halfway through our Fanart Contest on the official Discord server, where the winner takes him 5000 Rubies, and two Runner-up prizes of 1000 Rubies. All you have to do is make what you think is the best piece of original Minion Masters fanart possible! To enter, check out the details of the contest right here. The contest ends next Monday, the 11th of February at 0900 UTC. Good luck, Masters, and keep the great submissions coming!